The Office of Legislative Audits maintains this web referral form to facilitate the reporting of allegations of fraud and/or abuse of State resources.
Please provide as much detail as possible below. For example,
- Who is involved in the wrongdoing?
- When did the wrongdoing occur and how long has it been occurring?
- What was the wrongdoing?
- How did the wrongdoing occur?
- How much money is involved?
- Has this matter been reported to someone else and to whom was it reported?
- Information provided below will be handled under confidentiality requirements established by State law and/or Office of Legislative Audits' policy. The applicability of the various provisions of the Maryland Whistleblower Law to an Executive Branch employee submitting an allegation to OLA is a matter for legal interpretation. Consequently, OLA cannot offer legal advice or assurances of that law’s applicability to individuals making referrals or the specific allegations referred to its fraud hotline.
- You may remain anonymous. However, we encourage you to identify yourself in the event additional questions arise as we evaluate your allegations.
- The information you submit on this form will be transmitted via a secure connection.
- If you prefer to speak directly (in English only) with someone about your concern, you may call our toll free fraud hotline at 1-877-FRAUD-11 (1-877-372-8311).
- Please submit any available documentation to support the allegation. You may upload the documentation below, fax it to 410-946-5998, or send it via regular mail to "Attn: Fraud Hotline, Office of Legislative Audits, 301 West Preston Street, Room 1202, Baltimore, MD 21201".